Bachelor & Master Thesis' - Diplomarbeiten
You're very welcome to present your own ideas - or start from one of the following
-> Hot Topics <-
- Implementation of a Firefox-Plugin for Securing Internet Downloads: Shell Code Detection based on a Statistical Data Stream Analysis.
Open Topics in Technologies for a Mobile Internet:
The emerging next generation Internet we expect to be mobile. Many protocols and supporting schemes are currently under design, optimization or implementation. At a practical system level, with the help of simulation tools or by conceptional analysis thrilling subjects are around.
- Extending the functionality of an MLD Proxy implementation to include IPv4/IGMP nodes, while maintaining upward and downward compatibility.
- Implementation and performance analysis of multicast extensions for Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) (see protocol draft).
- Implementation and performance analysis of multicast extensions for Fast Handovers for (Proxy) Mobile IPv6 (FMIPv6) (see protocol draft).
- Moviecast - Video conferencing applications: Rich clients with optimized codecs for real-time use on different handheld systems.
- Towards a co-operative immune system for mobile devices: Security & protection in an unsafe, wireless world.
- Concept & realization of the Tree Morphing Protocol for mobile SSM sources on the XORP routing platform based on an existing implementation at the OMNET++ Network Simulator platform.
- Experimenting with 802.16 Wimax: Point-to-multipoint and mobility service performance analysis.
- Group communication in overlay networks & peer-to-peer routing.
Beyond the current state of the Internet, overlay networks evolve on the application layer. New, efficient and highly scalable peer-to-peer networks give rise to a wide variety of promising, infrastructure-transparent communication schemes, but may also augment network layer limitations. They can be immediately deployed and realistically tested on a world-wide platform, as we are member of the PlanetLab and the G-LAB consortia.
- Mobile IPTV: A peer-to-peer streaming solution for the iPhone (or ...).
- Test and analysis of enhanced communication services with hybrid deployment in underlay and overlay.
- Internet traffic measurements at inter-provider crossings (peering points).
- Monitoring and analysis of Internet Backbone route changes: Stability & security of BGP updates.
- Overlay AuthoCast: Authenticated security for overlay multicast packets.
- Optimized multipath transport in peer-to-peer content disctribution.
- DHT-inspired routing: Experimenting for a Future Generation Internet.
- Peer-to-peer SIP: Design and implementation of current extensions for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
- SIP-based peer-to-peer group conferencing solutions.
- DHT-based overlay multicast: A race for scalability, efficiency and robustness.
- Design and implementation of prefix-based distribution trees based on existing distributed hash table routing (Pastry).
- Design, implementation and analysis of hybrid multicast group communication protocols.
Open Topics in eLearning & Hypermedia:
Hypermedia and semantic processing are rich fields for application-level distributed systems - all based on the XML framework. eLearning brings a comprehensive set of standardised metadata into the game, all implemented within the quite advanced hylOS platform.
- Re-design and implementation of an uncomplex SVG editor for the hylOs platform.
- Harnessing the power of Web2.0 for a commodity computer science knowledge net.
- Disclosing the deep Web: Optimised provision of content descriptors from the HyLOs eLO repository to Web indexers.
- Design and realisation of knowledge access networks from mobile devices.
- Context recognition, content & metadata extraction from office documents.
- Construction and navigation of an inter-repository semantic net technology.
- Ontology-based semantic search & retrieval of metadata decorated knowledge objects.
- Resource evaluation based on ontology enforced link evaluation.
Open Topics in Internet Communication, QoS & Network Management:
Traditional networking prospects combined with current protocols and new ideas give rise to new features ... or new applications.
- Measuring and analysing Internet characteristics with Planet-Lab.
- Characteristics of the Internet: Simulation analysis based on real-world Internet data.
- QoS management for VoIP based on the RTP MIB
- Extending the Spectrum management system with IPv6 functionalities.
- Cable management based on Spectrum link management.